Gradle Release Notes
- New and Noteworthy
- Migrating from 0.9.2
- Fixed Jira Issues
This release is primarily a bugfix and refactoring release, preparing the way for features in later milestones.
New and Noteworthy
There is a new application plugin. This plugin takes care of bundling up your main-method application into a distribution, and also provides tasks to allow you to run the application directly from the build. All you have to do is declare the name of the application's main class in your build script.
See the userguide for details. A sample project is included in the Gradle distribution in $gradleHome/samples/application.
Thanks to René Gröschke for contributing this plugin.
IDE plugin improvements
The Eclipse and IDEA plugins have been further improved. See the breaking changes page for notable changes.
See the Eclipse and IDEA chapters of the userguide.
New JUnit test report
The JUnit test report has been reworked.
Build scripts are now executed using Groovy 1.7.8 and Ant 1.8.2.
Migrating from 0.9.2
Gradle 1.0-milestone-1 Breaking Changes
Fixed Jira Issues
1.0-milestone-1 Breaking Changes
- Eclipse Plugin
- IDEA Plugin
- The eclipseClasspath task no longer merges classpath entries present in the classpath file. It replaces all classpath entries with the dependencies declared in the build script.
- The eclipseWtp task has been split into eclipseWtpComponent and eclipseWtpFacet tasks. These tasks now use the exact same configuration hooks as all other Eclipse tasks.
- The eclipseWtp.sourceSets property has been replaced with eclipseWtpComponent.sourceDirs.
- The ideaModule task no longer merges libraries present in the module file. It replaces all libraries with the dependencies declared in the build script.
- The ideaModule task only includes in the module those source directories which exist. It used to include all defined source directories.
- The default module output directories now match IDEA's defaults. (The defaults were already changed in Gradle 0.9.2, but it turned out that they still didn't match IDEA's defaults.)